Setting Up and Configuring AirMix
What is AirMixLive Stream with mobile devices.
AirMix Solo (iPhone and iPad only): If you are looking to do a one camera shoot using a mobile device, AirMix Solo is your best option. You can easily enter your ShowTix4U RTMP info and be streaming in minutes. Download the app here and follow the instructions carefully below.- https://apps.apple.com/us/developer/teradek/id450852792
AirMix (iPad) w/ AirMix Remote (iPhone and Android): Allows you to easily perform a multi-camera shoot using an iPad as a broadcast switcher and mobile devices or cameras w/ encoders as additional cameras. Download the apps here and follow the instructions carefully below. AirMix Action: https://apps.apple.com/us/developer/teradek/id450852792 AirMix Remote: https://apps.apple.com/us/developer/teradek/id450852792
Adding RTMP info into AirMix:
VIDEO HELP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5Q-HWxMFUc
- Open AirMix and click on blue gear button in upper left.
- Turn the volume down all the way on your phone to eliminate feedback.
- Click “Broadcasting Destinations”
- Click "Manage Destinations”
- Click “Add Destination” (You may see previous destinations in this list. You can choose to edit one of the existing destinations, but we recommend simply creating a new one)
- Scroll and click in RTMP(S)
- Login to ShowTix4U.com and click on either “Rehearsal Stream Credentials” (Rehearsal) under the event poster gear icon OR “Live Stream Credentials” (Live Show) under the date gear icon.
- Copy the RTMP URL from the ShowTix4U window
- Go back to AirMix and Delete "rtmp://“ from the URL field and paste the ShowTix4U RTMP URL (rtmp:// is already in the pasted data)
- Go back to ShowTix4U and copy the “Stream Key”
- Go back to Live:Air and paste the ShowTix4U Stream Key into the Stream field in Live:Air.
- Switch the User Agent to “Teradek”
- No User Password or Auto-Reconnect is needed.
- Select Yes to Reconnect.
- Click Done and Done again.
- Test your internet speed before your event: https://www.speedtest.net/.. While not required, it is recommended you use an internet hard line to your mobile device. For a list of adapter visit this link: https://showtix4u.helpsite.com/articles/57277-internet-considerations
- Take the UPLOAD speed it gives you (NOT the download speed) and compare to the “Upload Speed” chart to see what resolution your network can handle.
- Open Live:Air and click on blue gear button in upper left.-Click “Encoder Settings”
- Choose the resolution that corresponds with what your network can handle.
- Click Done
- Tap on the screen when seeing the camera and click the grey gear icon
- Click "Auto Balance"
- If the camera is going to be static, turn on your average event lighting, move the focus (square) and exposure (circle) icons to where the picture looks best and then click "Lock"
- While always recommend to use an audio interface (see next item), if you do not have access to one or not comfortable using, AirMix allows you to choose if you would like each mic on each camera to be "Always On," "On When Live," or "Muted." If using Live:Air Solo choose either. If using Live:Air Action with multiple cameras, we recommend setting the mobile device that is best located to get even/clean sound as "Always On" and other mobile devices set to Muted. For some specific use cases you may choose to set a close up camera to "Always On" and mix in with your "Always On" (ie. music events).
- It is recommend you use an audio interface with your mobile device to get the best sound. Here is a link to our recommendations: https://showtix4u.helpsite.com/articles/57271-recommended-streaming-audio-interfaces.. For Live:Air Action we recommend connecting the audio interface to the iPad running Live:Air Action and be sure to set audio settings in Live:Air Action for that device to "Always On," This will assure the feed from the audio interface is the one always used. Then choose each remote camera and set the audio to "Mute." PRO USERS: In some use cases you may choose to use the audio from a remote camera mixed in with your iPad audio interface feed. In those cases you would choose "Always On" or "On when Live" on that remote camera. Be sure to sync and set your delays to line up the audio in these cases.
- Turn down the volume on your mobile device to stop any feedback.
- Click the Red “Go Live!” Button in the upper right to go live. It can take up to 30 seconds for the stream to be seen in ShowTix4U.
- DO NOT STOP your stream for more than 5 minutes or you will need to get a new set of RTMP credentials out of ShowTix4U and put into OBS.
- Test your internet speed before your event: https://www.speedtest.net/. A reminder to set your resolutions based on upload speed: https://showtix4u.helpsite.com/articles/55383-live-stream-recommended-settings
- If you have the ability to hardwire your internet, DO IT. Wireless will work, but wired is more stable and eliminates a failure point.
- Have a backup mobile device prepared in case of hardware failure.
- Do not watch the stream on the same network as you are Uploading. Not an issue for rehearsal but a NO for your live show.
- Go live EARLY! You can stream up to 4 hours, no need to wait until showtime to stream. This will give you time to troubleshoot any issues.